I’ve written so many editions of this blog where I have been feeling low, it is great to be feeling good for a change.
I have settled into a comfortable routine. I am up at 6 am, available for the kids as they get ready for school. I putter around until around noon. I am in bed, but I fold the blankets and put them aside so I can move around. I lie down as I need to, sometimes it’s ten minutes here and there, sometimes it’s a whole hour at a time. Between six and nine, I am definitely available for my kids, and they talk to me a lot! Once they are into their day, I am more relaxed.
After my afternoon medicine, I nap. Sometimes it’s right until 6:00 pm. I am around for my family from when I get up (today it was 4:30) until the kids go to bed, usually by 9:00 (their choice) and then my husband and I hang out until the Sleep Monster comes for us. 10?
So, that takes care of getting enough sleep.
Other things I am focusing on:
- Getting proper nutrition
- I’ve been making sure I eat good food and don’t worry about weight gain
- Focusing on positive shows and experiences
- Because I am stuck watching tv so much, I focus on more positive shows and not negative ones
- Lowering stress
- I have found some good apps to help me keep track of things, and I’m learning not to overload myself
- Enjoying hobbies
- Playing with makeup and crappy crafts are more important than they appear. They really help me relax. Organizing things is my kind of fun.
So far, the results have been good. I am no longer constantly berating myself for not accomplishing more, and I’m having fun! I still have body pain, yet it is discernable from my mood. In other words, I can be happy and in a good mood and have an aching back, and it’s been a long time since I could say that.