On the Mend


With each day, I’m feeling slightly better. My kids have a four-day weekend, so I turned the alarm off today, as they are old enough to look after themselves in the mornings.

I slept until ten or so, and stayed put until noon because my face hurt. My son checked on me every couple of hours, as per my husband.  He’s a good kid. Our daughter got up around 1:00, but made it downstairs and crashed on the couch and could go no further. Poor kid, she was sick during the night and couldn’t take in any food.

My husband was so sweet, on Wednesday, he stopped at the eye doctor to get his eye infection checked out, and I was sleeping, I didn’t answer his texts, so he decided to pick up a gluten-free pizza for me anyway. He walked into the restaurant, and they greeted him by shouting out our address! 😂 “Hey! It’s our address! Good to see you! Do you want your whole order? Oh, just the gluten-free, okay!” He then took my husband on a tour of the kitchen, showing him the kitchen, the way they clean the area for gluten-free cooking…it was amazing. My husband is very recognizable. At 6’5″, with a slim build, he’s not hugely imposing as a figure. He looks much younger than his 48 years, as evidenced by being asked to join a kickboxing group for under 35s recently. 😂 He is usually smiling, and is very kind and generous, which helps. He also has really huge hands and feet, which people often notice and comment on. He also has a large nose, which he has broken playing football. I think he’s handsome, but he doesn’t photograph well, mostly because he hates having his photo taken. Anyway, I’m blathering because I miss him. He’s kind of a memorable face. People tend to remember my curly hair.

He brought me home pizza on Wednesday night. (Pizza Pizza gluten-free is so good, btw) and I had some, because I was so hungry, but um… bad idea. So I had some yesterday and today. It was only a small, and the kids don’t like the crust, but I love it! It’s settled well.

I’m still weak, and that might take a while to remedy. I’m currently drinking water and G2, a Gatorade derivative that does not contain glucose-fructose. I want to stay on FODMAP as much as possible. I had the orange chicken from Panda Express for dinner on Sunday and it was not worth the pain I experienced.  Holy Moly! I promise to be good from now on…

My eyes are still hurting, but aren’t as productive as they were. As long as I take Tylenol cold formula or allergy formula, it keeps it in line. I’m cleaning them gently, and it’s mostly the left one. My husband asked the eye doctor, and as long as it’s mostly my lid and not my eyeball (and it is) we aren’t panicking. I rarely panic, anyway.

So, game plan for now is lots of liquid, Gravol as needed, Tylenol complete, and resting. Same for the girl. Our son is doing an awesome job at looking after me while I’m sick. Rest assured,  we don’t ask too much of the kids, just that when I’m sleeping he look in on me every couple of hours, or as he passes on his way to the washroom. He brought me the pizza and a plate, and a G2. Our daughter yesterday had to bring me the bucket when she wasn’t feeling well, so she had it worse. I’m so glad she did though. Ugh. I think she slept on the couch last night to have clear access to the downstairs bathroom. Jumping off the top bunk would not be fun at 1:00 am. They are almost 13 and 15. How did I get so old?

I’ve been spending the day puttering around on the internet, so now I want to go over my spending budget. Blah.

Tiredness is setting in. Until next time!

Stay lovely, my fellow zebras! 😘

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s